API version 2.0_rc3 is now available for testing on production and sandbox (it was previously available on sandbox, but a few changes have been made since then). With rc3, members are able to bulk post up to 100 works with one call. We request that all members interested in bulk loading works test on the sandbox first to ensure any issues with load on the API are discovered there, rather than on production.
XSDs and documentation at:
Updates in rc3
- Update the field for text citations from work:citation to work:citation-value (this removes confusion with the double use of the work:citation tag)
- New endpoints for reading specific sections of activities /educations, /employments, /fundings, /peer-reviews and /works,
- New endpoint /works for posting bulk works
- Addition of bulk element to works, to allow bulk posting. For examples see https://github.com/ORCID/ORCID-Source/blob/master/orcid-model/src/main/resources/record_2.0_rc3/samples/bulk-work-2.0_rc3.xml or https://github.com/ORCID/ORCID-Source/blob/master/orcid-model/src/main/resources/record_2.0_rc3/samples/bulk-work-2.0_rc3.json
- Addition of error section in works for returning errors with bulk added works
v2.0_rc3 is considered a stable release candidate. No major revisions are planned for rc3, although minor adjustments and improvements may still be needed. Only organizations who can and are willing to deal with short release cycles (~2 week) should implement release candidates. In return, implementers of release candidates get an opportunity to provide feedback and suggestions before the final version of an API is released.
We are planning to have a stable version of the 2.0 release in January 2017, after which we will begin deprecating v1.2. We encourage all integrators to test the 2.0 release candidates now and begin preparing for the coming upgrade.
And as always we welcome your feedback and bug reports at email@example.com.