Welcome to the ORCID member community site. The ORCID vision is a world in which all who participate in research, scholarship, and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions and affiliations across disciplines, borders, and time. Here, you can learn how to work with the community to make that vision a reality, by focusing on a shared user experience and key roles and opportunities for implementing identifiers in your sector. here are four basic steps to implementing ORCID identifiers, all of which require authentication as a core component:
- Authenticating ORCID iDs of individuals using the ORCID API to ensure that researchers are correctly identified in your systems
- Displaying iDs to signal to researchers that your systems support the use of ORCID
- Connecting information about affiliations and contributions to ORCID records, creating trusted assertions and enabling researchers to easily provide validated information to systems and profiles they use
- Collecting information from ORCID records to fill in forms, save researchers time, and support research reporting
- Synchronizing between research information systems to improve reporting speed and accuracy and reduce data entry burden for researchers and administrators alike
Click the icons below for more information about ORCID integrations by sector/activity.
Learn more about how your ORCID implementation can maximize community benefits