- Communications resources
- Member resources
- Example integrations
- Third-party applications
- Institutional ORCID guides
We are creating a library of resources to help members comply with the communications requirements for our Collect & Connect program, which we will be adding to and updating regularly. They can also be used by anyone else in the ORCID community who wants to help spread the word to their researchers!
Examples of messaging explaining the benefits of ORCID:
- Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre
What is an ORCID iD?
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
ORCID and other researcher identifiers at CPUT: ORCID at CPUT
- Proquest Pivot
Pivot and ORCID citations are now synced
- Science Open
User categories & ORCID integration
ORCID integration at ScienceOpen
- Springer Nature
The ORCID identifier
Examples of using the ORCID member logo:
Other useful links:
- Finding ORCID record holders at your institution: Want to know who's using ORCID iDs at your institution? Start here. This will give you some sample API searches you can use to find out who's asserted on their record that they are affiliated with your institution, as well as a form to learn how many records are associated with your institution's email domain(s).
- Outreach resources: Head here if you're ready to begin communicating ORCID to your researchers or your institution, including:
- Presentations you can customize or show as is
- One-page flyers and banners tailored to different audiences (available in multiple languages!)
- Graphics and logos
- Reading your premium member report: Premium members receive a customized report each month on their active integration(s).
AAF Greenhouse: Australia Access Federation, the Australian ORCID consortium lead, provides list of open source software, installation guides and integration examples provided by member organizations and vendors to support ORCID.
- Convey: A global financial interest disclosure system.
- Hindawi: Publishing system.
- Hong Kong Baptist University: A university RIMS. Related: HKBU video demonstration for researchers of how to connect or register an ORCID iD and link to HKBU
- Flinders University: A university RIMS.
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: A local system between a third-party hosted DSpace repository.
- North-West University: A local system between DSpace and ORCID and serves to connect and update both.
- National Institute for Materials Science: Ninja, a researcher profile system.
- Publons: Third-party peer review recognition system.
- Clarivate's Converis: Presented at the 2016 April ORCID Singapore Workshop
- Clarivate's ScholarOne Manuscripts: Presented by Wiley in February 2015
- eJournalPress: Peer Review: Presented at the 2016 October ORCID Outreach Meeting
- Elsevier's Pure: Presented at the 2016 February ORCID Outreach Meeting
- PKP's Open Journal Systems (OJS): Presented at the 2016 October ORCID Outreach Meeting
- Proquest's Pivot: Presented at the 2016 October ORCID Outreach Meeting
- Sympletic's (Digital Science) Elements: Demonstration by Imperial College London from March 2016
- University Office's IRMA (University of Sydney): Presented at the 2016 February ORCID Outreach meeting
- ORCID Wordpress plug-in: Enables Wordpress commentors to include their ORCID iDs with their comments. Note: Does not include authentication.
- ORCID Feed: The ORCID Feed translates public works data from a specified ORCID record into several content types, including RSS, JSON, YAML, BibTeX, and formatted text citations (txt).
- Find more at code examples.
How are other institutions communicating ORCID and helping their researchers get connected? See some examples shared by the ORCID community. (Have a great guide you'd like to share? Let us know!)
- California University of Technology: Includes a list of example ORCID records of Caltech researchers
- Cornell University
- Deakin University
- Hong Kong Baptist University Research and Visibility Project
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Includes a plugin for EndNote users to properly create BibTeX that can imported into ORCID records.
- King's College London
- National Cheng Kung University Library 成功大學 (中英文)
- Oxford University
- Stellenbosch University
- Texas A&M University
- University College Dublin
- University of Michigan
- University of Missouri