This guide is an archived document related to the 1.2 version of the ORCID Message Schema, which is no longer supported by ORCID. The current supported version is 2.0 documentation. Go to the document for the 2.0 Message Schema.
<affiliations> serves as a container for the repeatable <affiliation> tag. <affiliation> can include the following fields
- <type> The relationship between the researcher and organization, either education or employment. This field is required.
- <department-name> Any subdivision of the parent organization.
- <role-title> The position held by the researcher.
- <start-date> The date the relationship between the researcher and organization began, given to any level of specificity with the tags <year> <month> <date>.
- <end-date> The date the relationship between the researcher and organization ended, given to any level of specificity with the tags <year> <month> <date>.
- <organization> a container for elements describing the organization where the researcher worked or was educated.
- <name> The name of the parent organization which the researcher was associated with. This field is required.
- <address> Contains the tags <city>, <region> and <country> for the location of the organization. <country> should be filed out with a two letter country code. The <address>, <city> and <country> tags are required.
- <disambiguated-organization> a tag container tag for information distinguishing the organization.
- <disambiguated-organization-identifier> A unique identifier for the organization.
- <disambiguation-source> The source of the identifier used in <disambiguated-organization-identifier>. Currently ORCID supports Ringgold identifiers; ISNI identifiers will also be support soon. For more information see Organizations in ORCID.