<affiliations> serves as a container for the repeatable <affiliation> tag. <affiliation> can include the following fields
- <type> The relationship between the researcher and organization, either education or employment. This field is required.
- <department-name> Any subdivision of the parent organization.
- <role-title> The position held by the researcher.
- <start-date> The date the relationship between the researcher and organization began, given to any level of specificity with the tags <year> <month> <date>.
- <end-date> The date the relationship between the researcher and organization ended, given to any level of specificity with the tags <year> <month> <date>.
- <organization> a container for elements describing the organization where the researcher worked or was educated.
- <name> The name of the parent organization which the researcher was associated with. This field is required.
- <address> Contains the tags <city>, <region> and <country> for the location of the organization. <country> should be filed out with a two letter country code. The <address>, <city> and <country> tags are required.
- <disambiguated-organization> a tag container tag for information distinguishing the organization.
- <disambiguated-organization-identifier> A unique identifier for the organization.
- <disambiguation-source> The source of the identifier used in <disambiguated-organization-identifier>. Currently ORCID supports Ringgold identifiers; ISNI identifiers will also be support soon. For more information see Organizations in ORCID.