API News & Updates
As of April 13th any members using the 2.0 release candidate schema will be required to use https in calls to the ORCID API. In calls to post to, put to, or read ORCID records the URL must start with https. For example when reading the activities on a record the URL is https://api.orcid.org/v2.0_
We wanted to let you know about changes we’re making to the identifier field in the works and funding section of the ORCID schema version 2.0_rc1. This change does not impact existing integrations using schema version 1.2.
We’re making a couple changes to the OAuth workflow which will improve the workflow for site using ORCID sign in for authentication.
If an active access token already exists with the same scopes and the user is logged into their ORCID record, they will not be prompted to grant authorization again. Instead they will be taken directly to the redirect URI.
XSD 1.2 is now available on the production ORCID Registry and sandbox as a stable release version. On April 1, 2015 we will update the default ORCID Message Schema from version 1.1 to 1.2, and we will no longer support version 1.1 or release candidate versions of 1.2. After April 1, integrations that have not updated to version 1.2 may not work correctly.
API Users Group News
- Problem with sandbox signin?
- one-time-only permissions?
- How to create automated authentication mechanism for OrcID on bash console.
- Re: [ORCID API] Generate a two step (read-public): "error":"invalid_client","error_description":"Client not found:
- Generate a two step (read-public) access token:"error":"invalid_client","error_description":"Client